How to Follow Up with Network Marketing Prospects
The best way to have success in Network Marketing is always in the follow up. Here are four simple steps for following up with prospects after they’ve watched your business opportunity video.
The Fortune is in the Follow Up!
After you’ve prospected someone to see if they’re at all open to making an extra income on the side, you want to make sure you send them a video presentation that best explains your business opportunity so that you don’t have to. Once they’ve agreed to watch the video, here’s how you set up your follow up with your prospect.
Step 1: Setting Up The Follow Up
Your prospect has agreed to watch a video. You want to ask your prospect, “how soon can you watch it?”
Whatever time they give you, you’re busy at that time…because successful CEO’s are busy and you’re a successful CEO. So you give two different options by saying, “I’m swamped then, but I have availability at 6:40pm or 8:10pm – which works better for you?”
You both agree on a time – 8:10pm.
Step 2: Get Your Prospect’s Phone Number
Some people are afraid to get on the phone. That’s a fear you’ll need to overcome IF you want to increase your sales conversions by about 30-40%. So, to get your prospect’s phone number you want to say, “Okay cool. 8:10pm sounds good. Here’s my phone number: XXX-XXX-XXXX What’s yours so I have it in my phone in case you call?”
Just so you know, they’ll never call you. Never. But they will give you their phone number because they can simply ignore your phone call if it’s not a fit for them.
Step 3: Give Them The Video Presentation
Simply say, “Great. Here’s the video: insert link here. I’ll chat with you at 8:10pm tonight. Gotta run.”
Step 4: Following Up on the Phone!
When you go to call them, there’s a very good chance that they won’t pick up the phone even though you kept your word that you’d follow up with them at an agreed time.
If they answer the phone then ask them..
“Did you get a chance to watch the video?”
- If they say no: “No problem. Listen, I have a bunch of people who did watch the video. I just have to prioritize my time. Tell you what, I’ll reach back out to you in the next 3-4 days or so. But hey, I gotta run…hope you understand.”
- If they say yes: “Great. What did you like best about what you saw?”
If they don’t answer the phone, leave a voice message.
- First voice message: “Hey, it’s Trey. We were suppose to chat at 8:10pm. Give my a call back at your earliest convenience.”
- After 24 hours, follow up again: “Hey, it’s Trey. Left you a message yesterday. Hope all is okay. By the way, if you’ve decided this isn’t a fit for you..totally cool. Just let me know so we stop wasting each others time. Gotta run.”
- After 48 hours, follow up last time: “Hey, left you a couple messages. Listen, I’m going to mark you off my list and not worries – not going to call you ever again. Wish you all the best in the world. Gotta run. Bye.”
The follow up process in Network Marketing really isn’t that difficult especially when you practice it over and over again. Also, I love leveraging three way calls with an Upline Leader to help close the deal with my prospect.
However, although it’s awesome to have your prospects sign up after they’ve watched the video presentation and you’ve done a professional job at following up, please know that it’s normal if your prospects don’t sign up right then on the spot.
In Network Marketing, the purpose of a follow up exposure is to simply lead your prospect to the next exposure. If your prospect hasn’t made a decision to join your opportunity, it’s because they haven’t seen enough value to make a decision to buy yet. When value exceeds price tag, people buy.
Click To Tweet
I hope this blog has helped you with your Network Marketing business and has shown you exactly how to follow up with your prospects. If it has, please comment below and give your feedback. I’d love to hear from you.
Cheers to all of your success!
P.S. If you ever considered working with me personally and you’re interested in creating more time, wealth, and freedom in your life through network marketing as well… reach out to me here and we’ll see if our opportunity is a right fit for you.
“PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY FOR LEAVING MY 9-5 JOB TO CREATE A LIFE OF COMPLETE FREEDOM.
NOW I TEACH OTHERS HOW TO DO THE SAME.”